Legal Commentary. This Georgia statute provides the definitions for several terms used within Code Sections 40-15-2 to 40-15-5 regarding Georgia’s Motorcycle Operator Safety Training Program.
We are a law firm that handles serious motor vehicle accident cases, and we provide a free initial confidential consultation to accident injury victims. To set up your free consultation, send the firm a message online or call toll-free at 866-972-5287 or in Atlanta at 770-717-5100. As an experienced vehicle accident lawyer, Charles Scholle has represented catastrophically injured people and bereaved families for nearly two decades, building a strong record of successes.
See the full text of the statute below:Section 40-15-1 Definitions
As used in this chapter, the term:
- “Board” means the Board of Driver Services.
- “Commissioner” means the commissioner of driver services.
- “Coordinator” means the state-wide motorcycle safety coordinator provided for in Code Section 40-15-4.
- “Department” means the Department of Driver Services.
- “Motorcycle” means every motor vehicle having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider and designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground, but excluding a tractor and a moped.
- “Operator” means any person who drives or is in actual physical control of a motorcycle.
- “Program” means a motorcycle operator safety training program provided for in Code Section 40-15-2.
HISTORY: Code 1981, § 40-15-1, enacted by Ga. L. 1984, p. 644, § 1; Ga. L. 1986, p. 181, § 1; Ga. L. 1997, p. 143, § 40; Ga. L. 1997, p. 1505, § 1; Ga. L. 2000, p. 951, § 8-1; Ga. L. 2005, p. 334, § 23-2/HB 501.