Getting Athens, GA accident reports online or from us.
Our team of knowledgeable accident lawyers and professional staff members here at Scholle Law have a lot of experience with handling cases for clients injured in serious car, truck and motorcycle accidents. Our main office is in Duluth, GA but we handle cases all across Georgia. We are located convenient to Interstate 85 and we are a short drive to Athens. Additionally, we are very familiar with the difficulties of safely navigating the roads around Athens. We want to tell you that we are a resource for anyone looking for help with an Athens, Georgia car or truck accident. That means we are here to speak to you for free without any obligation. As a part of our free case evaluation we will be happy to help you locate and review your Athens police accident report for free. In search of Athens accidents reports? We are here to help!
Suppose you have been in an accident in Athens or somewhere between Athens and the metro Atlanta area. If so, you will need a copy of your police report or accident report from the applicable law enforcement agency that responded to and investigated your accident scene. There are several different ways to go about finding a car accident police report and we give that information below. However, if you would like some help with your personal injury case that resulted from your car accident, truck accident or other motor vehicle accident, please know we will get you your accident report as a courtesy during your free case evaluation.
Locating your accident or police report after a wreck is not always easy. Many times there can be several different law enforcement agencies involved in responding to a crash scene. So, it is not always clear to an accident victim where they can find their police report. When you call the Scholle Law Firm for a free case evaluation, we will gather everything we need to not only help you better understand options for moving forward following your accident, but also to help you get a copy of your police report for your records. This courtesy comes with no pressure or obligation to hire us for your personal injury case. That is not how we do business.
Finding Athens Accident Reports Fast
Getting your police report quickly after your car wreck is important for multiple reasons. Understandably, starting an investigation and dealing with issues of liability and insurance is possibly the last thing on an injured victim’s mind immediately following an accident. However, these issues come at you fast following an accident and they will have to be addressed sooner rather than later. An accident report serves to help resolve some of the initial issues following a car or truck accident.
Additionally, with many personal injury claims, legal advice and the support from an experienced car accident attorney may be needed. When you call our office, we will work with you to get you your accident report promptly and being working with you regarding the concerns and questions you have about the personal injury claims process. quickly. Your police report / Georgia motor vehicle crash report is important and we want to help you understand it. The time immediately following a serious accident is important for purposes of investigating your case and making contact with the appropriate parties including insurance companies and law enforcement investigators. Here are a few things to know about why an accident report is important:
- You need the report to find out what department investigated your wreck. If you do not know the correct agency that came to the to accident scene, it could delay things. For example, if you are unsure who responded to the crash scene, without knowing the right police department, you may be unable to order your accident report. Without the police report, you will not know the identity of the liability insurance carrier that is going to be responsible for fixing your car or paying for other damages such as your medical bills or pain and suffering.
- Again, you need a police report to know the name of the insurance company that will be paying for your damages. You should know that accident reports document the at-fault insurance company’s insurance information. Without that info, you cannot initiate a claim against the other driver(s) unless you intend to contact every insurance company one by one. Please note that even if you know the other driver’s insurance information do not call them or give them a recorded statement without first calling an experienced car accident lawyer. Big insurance companies are not afraid to try to use your own words against you.
- Police reports and accident reports help get your car fixed and can help you get into a rental car if your car is in the shop from the accident. The crash report is directly related to resolving your property damage. Once you have the at-fault driver’s insurance company you can start working on getting your vehicle into the shop or getting a rental. You have to have the other driver’s insurance info and the way you get it is generally to find it on your accident report.
- You may have your own collision and rental coverage on your own policy. If there is a delay in getting the other driver’s info from the police report and you have your own coverage, you can resolve your property damage through your own insurance company. Your insurance company may then go after the other driver’s insurance company to recoup the money they spent on your vehicle. That is called subrogation. When people advise they don’t want to use their own insurance we let them know that it is their choice, but they have paid for the coverage for a situation just like this…
- You don’t know if the accident report is incorrect until you have reviewed it. Police reports that are missing information or wrong can cause problems and delays. The other driver’s insurance adjuster is not going to do much for you if they don’t have the report or if the report is incorrect (drivers or vehicles are mixed up) or missing information (passengers not listed or witnesses not listed). When a report is written up wrong, it has to be pointed out to the adverse insurance adjuster promptly and you will need to call or locate the reporting police or law enforcement officer in order to request that the report be corrected.
- Use an accident report to move forward following your car accident or personal injury. Investigating an accident and getting initial facts of the case is the starting point following a car accident. To be able to know what your options are you have to know what your accident report says. Even experienced car and truck accident lawyers like ourselves cannot have visibility into someone’s accident without seeing the accident or police report. While an accident report is never definitive when it comes to a specific outcome for a case, without it you cannot do very much.
Buy Athens Accident Reports Online
The Athens-Clarke County Police Department provides access to Athens and Clarke County police accident through a company previously known as BuyCrash.com but is now known as LexisNexis BuyCrash. Anyone wanting to purchase their Athens-Clarke Police Report they can search for it online at https://buycrash.lexisnexisrisk.com/search
To find your report you will need to enter the state (Georgia) and jurisdiction (Athens-Clarke) into the corresponding fields. Before allowing access to Athens-Clarke County accident reports the site also requires you to enter additional info such as a VIN or Driver’s License Number. The cost of purchasing an accident report from this service is $11.00 at the time of this posting. Here is a screen grab of what their site looks like:
Contacting the Athens Police Department to Get Athens Accident Reports
If you have questions about an accident report that was investigated and reported by the Athens-Clarke County Police Department, here is their contact information:
Athens-Clarke County Police Department
Physical Address: 3035 Lexington Rd, Athens, GA 30605
North Georgia Accidents Near Athens
What if your accident was on a state road near Athens, but the Athens Police Department has no report to provide you with? This could mean that the State Patrol or other agency responded to your accident instead of the Athens-Clarke Police Department. If the accident happened in an unfamiliar area, another police department of a nearby city or county may have your police report.
If you are experiencing difficulties locating the correct agency that responded to your accident, review all the information you may have. You may have a police officer’s card or other info provided by the investigating agency. If you have any of that info you may be able to locate your report at the appropriate law enforcement agency. Most other police departments use the same above-listed 3rd party company to distribute accident reports to car accident victims.
Free Athens Accident Reports & Evaluations
If you, or a loved one were injured because another driver was negligent and not following the rules of the road, we are here to help you! When you contact our office, one of the members of our intake staff will initially speak to you and work to put you on the line with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys. Our attorneys will speak to you about your accident case and it will not cost you anything. The lawyer you speak to will answer your questions and help you resolve your initial concerns. As a part of our free case evaluation service, we will review your accident report with you as well. If you do not have your accident report or police report we will get you a copy for free.
We Help Georgia Accident and Injury Victims
We know what injured clients are concerned with. Using our two-plus decades of expertise as Georgia injury attorneys, our goal is to provide superior client care and focused representation. It is all about working for our clients, giving them outstanding service and we working hard to resolve their cases in a timely manner. Anyone injured and in need of assistance for accident-related injuries, please call us so that we can talk with you about your options for moving forward.
Call us today to request a free accident report review and case evaluation. If you would prefer to speak to us now, call us at (770) 717-5100 and we can start working to help you right away. We answer our phones every day during normal business hours and as well as during nights, weekend and holidays. We look forward to talking to you.