Lawrenceville Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
Dedicated Rideshare Accident Lawyers In Lawrenceville, Georgia
Rideshare accidents can be especially stressful as it’s often difficult to determine who is responsible for the damages. If a rideshare driver crashes into your car as you drive along Lawrenceville, GA’s historic streets, or if you are a passenger in an Uber or Lyft vehicle involved in an accident, you need compensation to cover your injuries and other damages. And those damages can be extensive. Car accidents in Lawrenceville are traumatic. Car accident victims sustain painful and even permanent injuries, including head and brain trauma and extensive fractures and lacerations. What’s more: Each of these injuries can take a long time to heal. You will need compensation to take care of yourself and your family as you manage a full recovery. The Lawrenceville Uber & Lyft accident lawyers at Scholle Law are ready to help you achieve fair compensation. Call or contact us online, and we’ll help you with a free, no-obligation consultation.
Georgia’s Uber & Lyft Accident Laws
Georgia laws surrounding Uber & Lyft accidents leave a lot up in the air.
- In some circumstances, Uber and Lyft may be considered their drivers’ employers and, therefore, liable for their actions. However, the specific facts of the case will influence whether Uber and Lyft have this level of responsibility.
- Under Georgia statute (O.C.G.A 33-1-24(b)), Uber and Lyft must provide a certain amount of insurance coverage for their drivers while on duty.
Depending on the details of your case, a wide range of Georgia laws could apply. Some relevant laws include:
- Ga Comp. R. & Regs. 570-38-6-.11 (Digital ID for Drivers)
- Ga Comp. R. & Regs. 570-38-6-.12 (Display of Emblems by Ride Share Drivers)
- O.C.G.A. § 40-1-193 (Ride Share Network Services)
- O.C.G.A. 51-2-4 (Liability for Employees)
- O.C.G.A. 51-2-5 (Liability for Negligence of Contractor)
Your lawyer will be able to sift through the evidence in your case, apply their extensive knowledge of these various laws, and help you collect benefits as effectively as possible.
What Damages Can I Collect After A Lawrenceville Rideshare Accident?
The damages you can collect after your accident will be divided into a few different categories, the most relevant of which are economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are the tangible, easily-verifiable, objective damages that often come with bills attached. These will include your medical bills and any loss of wages you may incur.
Non-economic damages are less verifiable but equally important. These may include your pain and suffering, for example.
You may be able to pursue fair compensation to cover these damages from:
- The rideshare driver
- A non-rideshare driver whose driving impacted the crash
- The car manufacturer
- A government agency (e.g., if the road conditions were unsafe)
Your Lawrenceville Uber & Lyft accident lawyer will analyze every aspect of your accident to determine damages accurately and help you work towards fair compensation.
Proving Negligence In A Lawrenceville Rideshare Accident
Managing your case successfully will require determining the causes of negligence in your rideshare accident. Common causes may include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to maintain the vehicle properly
- Reckless driving
- Fatigued driving
- Non-adherence to traffic laws
- Showing that Uber or Lyft had negligent hiring practices, failed to terminate an unsafe driver, or failed to warn passengers about a potentially-unsafe driver
To resolve your case, your Lawrenceville Uber & Lyft accident lawyer will review photos, medical bills, mileage logs, examination of the car involved, type of injuries sustained, and more.
Discuss Your Case with A Lawrenceville Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer Today
We realize that you need to focus on recovery, yet we know that you may require compensation to heal as well as possible. It’s our goal at Scholle Law to ensure you receive that compensation.
We start by making sure that we don’t hurry your case. Instead, we will focus on learning more about your rideshare accident. Our experienced team will examine all available evidence, including the scene of the accident, to determine the fault as accurately as possible.
- Identify your economic and non-economic losses
- Calculate your damages
- Fill out paperwork for you
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Provide representation as necessary
- And take any steps needed to get you the compensation you deserve
Call our team at 866-592-1296 today, or contact us online. Either way, we’ll provide a free, no-obligation consultation with a Lawrenceville Uber & Lyft accident lawyer to help you start on your case.