I am very pleased to welcome you to Scholle Law so that you can learn more about what we do and about who we are, not just as lawyers, but as people committed to the welfare of our community.
As a native of Georgia and a graduate of the University of Georgia both for undergraduate and law school, my life and home is Georgia. When I was in school I focused on business and finance. In law school, my interests turned to international law and I spent some time in England learning about their system of law which forms the basis of the American legal system. My heart is in Georgia and I came home to finish law school and to enter the practice of law.
Our law practice is solely focused on personal injury law. In practicing in this area of the law, we touch people's lives in a significant way we are closely connected to our Gwinnett County community. This area of law practice makes it possible for our law firm to use the law to help those who have been harmed and need legal support and keeps us close the people that live and work in this community and the surrounding metro area.
It is our mission as a firm, to practice law with integrity and ethics, to do so with great compassion towards our clients and to secure the best result possible for each and every client in all of their cases. Scholle Law supports our community not only as fine legal advocates, but with a focus on integrity and compassion for our clients. We have helped hundreds of people over the years and we are grateful to have a very diverse client base. Our clients tell us they felt supported throughout their case and appreciate our skill and knowledge of the law and legal process.
Although we settle many cases, we will to a case to trial on behalf of our clients. We advocate on behalf of our clients before courts and juries. Nothing is more satisfying than to obtain a great result for our clients.
My peers in the law have honored me with a preeminent rating as a trial lawyer for both legal skill and highest ethical standards. We apply this standard in every type of injury case, from small car accidents to complex injuries, such as those involving traumatic brain injury. We also have helped many families who have lost a loved one due to a wrongful death. We stand by each and every client throughout their case no matter what their injury.
Nothing gives me and our legal team more gratification than helping a family who is suffering due to an accident, helping parents get their child medical care and financial support after an injury or helping an elderly pedestrian getting compensation for being hit while simply walking across the street. These injuries turn lives upside down and my job is to use to the law to the fullest extent to help our clients back to the life they had before they were injured.
We are active in numerous professional and community organizations in which I have served in leadership roles, such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving and the Atlanta Bar Association. My approach to the law and our reputation for excellence are described more fully within our website which we invite you to explore.
We do what we say we will do ... we have compassion for our clients and we are determined to get the best results possible for them.
Feel free to take a look at my credentials and all the organizations we have supported over the years. I think once you learn more about the way we approach our law practice and our clients (please read our client reviews) I think you will agree we are different, we provide high quality support for our clients who ultimately are like family to us.
That brings me to my family ... the most important people in my life. I am married to Lori Anne Scholle who is a nutritionist and we have four young sons. I hope to see you around Gwinnett ... and if you do, please introduce yourself to me. You might see me out running or swimming during the warmer months. When I am not practicing law or playing with my kids, I might be scuba diving (Advanced Open Water Certified) out on adventure travel or playing a trivia game.
Please give me a call at any time to learn more about our law practice and let us know how we can be of help to you. And thank you so much for your interest in our law firm.Education
- University of Georgia School of Law 1995 -- Juris Doctor with Honors, Cum Laude Graduate, Editorial Board of Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law, Mock Trial Team
- University of Georgia, Terry School of Business Finance, BBA, Magna Cum Laude Graduate, High Honors Graduate, Honors Program, Demosthenian Literary Society, Golden Key International Honor Society Scholar, Georgia Wine and Spirits Distributors Academic Scholarship Recipient
- 2010 Million Dollar Advocates Forum Lifetime Membership
- 1999 Emeritus Member and Service Award, Atlanta Bar Association Estate and Probate Section
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Georgia
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Choosing a lawyer is very important. You need legal advice you can count on. Below are my past and present positions of professional leadership:
- State Bar of Georgia and Federal Bar Admissions: United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, United States District Court for the Northern District, United States District Court for the Middle District, Supreme Court of the State of Georgia, and Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia.
- President and Chairman of Board of Directors, Atlanta Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Member, State Bar of Georgia, Committee on Professionalism
- Emeritus Board Member, Atlanta Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Board Member, Atlanta Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association, Elder Law Committee
- Board Member, Board of Advisers, The Gwinnett Foundation
- Member, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Motor Vehicle, Trucking, Worker’s Compensation & Premises Liability Sections
- Member, Gwinnett Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, State Bar of Georgia, Fiduciary Law, Aviation Law, Consumer Law, General Practice and Trial Law, Products Liability Law, Tort and Insurance Practice & Younger Lawyer's Sections
- Member, American Bar Association, Real Property Section, Probate and Trusts Section
- Member, American Association for Justice (AAJ): Aviation Litigation, Burn Injury Litigation, Tort and Insurance, Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway & Premises Liability Sections.
- Member, Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group
- Member, Trucking Litigation Group
- Member, Eye and Refractive Surgery Litigation Group
- Member, Liquor Liability Litigation Group
- Member, Practice Development Litigation Group
- Member, Spinal Cord Injury Litigation Group
- Member, Motorcycle Litigation Group
- Member, The Lawyer's Club of Atlanta
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Health Care Decision Making Committee
- Member, Gwinnett County Bar Association
- Member, Dekalb County Bar Association, Trial Lawyer & Young Lawyer Sections
- Member, Lawyers Club of Atlanta, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member, National Crime Victims Bar Association
- Member, Sandy Springs Bar Association
- Fellow, Roscoe Pound Civil Justice Institute
- Fellow, Knights of the Bar
- “Build Your Auto Injury Litigation Skills”, National CLE Broadcast by National Business Institute, October 2018
- “A Plaintiff's Guide to Dram Shop Liability,” Nationwide CLE Broadcast by National Business Institute, October 2014
- “Consumer Guide to Tractor Trailer Accidents” March 2011
- “Guide to Georgia Elder Abuse and Neglect Laws,” CLE Presentation to Eldercare Matters Alliance, April, 2010
- “How Long will it Take to Resolve my Georgia Personal Injury Case,” Practice Guide published on Avvo, 2009
- “How to Read a Georgia Uniform Motor Vehicle Accident Report,” 2009
- “What to do After the Death of a Loved One in Georgia” Practice Guide published on Avvo, 2008
- “How to Probate a Georgia Will or Estate,” 2006
- “Frequently Answered Questions from Out-of-State Executors Settling Estates in Georgia,” CLE Presentation to the Gwinnett Foundation, February, 2005
- “How to Pursue a Personal Injury Claim,” 2001
- “Sophisticated Estate Planning for Foreign Nationals,” Summit National Bank, January 2000
- “Business Succession Planning and Estate Tax Avoidance Techniques,” presented to the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, March 1999
- “Life Insurance Issues in Estate Administration,” The Gwinnett Bar Association Newsletter, November, 1998
- “Estate and Probate in Georgia: What Every Financial Advisor Should Know,” presented to Edward Jones Investment Representatives, November 1998
- “Estate Administration,” guest lecturer at Successful Money Management Seminars” presented by Educational Seminars of Georgia, October 1998
I am proud of Scholle Law's involvement in various charities, non-profits and community organizations. Below are some of the organizations that we have supported:
- Alzheimer's Association, Atlanta Area
- Amputee Coalition of America
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Board of Advisors, The Gwinnett Foundation
- Brain Industry Association of Georgia
- Buckhead Fifty Club
- Choice in Dying
- Georgia Planned Giving Council
- Goodwill of Georgia
- Gwinnett County Chamber of Commerce
- Gwinnett County Truancy Intervention Project
- Gwinnett Estate Council
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Health Care Decision Making Committee
- National Committee on Planned Giving
- National Crime Victims Bar Association
- Shepherd Center for Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Special Olympics
- Susan G. Komen, Foundation for the Cure
- University of Georgia, Alumni Association
- University of Georgia, School of Law
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving: 2011, BOARD MEMBER, MADD STEERING COMMITTEE
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys: Health Care Decision Making Committee 2003, BOARD MEMBER
- Gwinnett Foundation: 2000, BOARD MEMBER
- Atlanta Bar Association: 1999, BOARD OF DIRECTORS, ESTATE PLANNING AND PROBATE SECTION, PRESIDENT AND CHAIRMAN OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS, EMERITUS LIFETIME BOARD MEMBER, ESTATE PLANNING AND PROBATE SECTION, BOARD MEMBER ELDER LAW COMMITTEE
- Scholle Law 2000-Present Founder and Partner
- Summit Equity Partners I, LP 2005-Present Managing Partner
- Scholle & Langstaff, P.C. 1997-2000 Partner
- Oxford Industries, Inc. 1994 Associate Intern
- Rooks Rider Solicitors, LP (London, England) 1993 Associate Intern
Charles Scholle has practiced law in Gwinnett County and the surrounding metro area for over two decades. He has received the highest accolades from his peer lawyers, who rank him among the top lawyer in the profession and in personal injury law. Having served on many law-related boards, like the Atlanta Bar Association, he is a highly respected member of the Georgia bar. This level of respect also creates a level of standing when our firm takes a case to trial for our clients. With his knowledge of the law, his academic background and awards and his skill as an advocate, his reputation for all of these go into court with him as he tries cases in Georgia courts.
He welcomes your call to Scholle Law.