Federal Laws and Regulatory Structure
The federal government has various legislative and administrative protections in place that can be used to assist in elder abuse matters. For more information on the rights of elders and how they are protected under the law, please contact Charles Scholle who is dedicated to protecting the elderly and fighting against their abuse. He can help with your elder abuse matter and evaluate the steps you can take to protect yourself or a loved one.
- Federal Medicare and Medicaid Acts 42 U.S.C. SS 1395
- Federal Nursing Home Reform Act (Passed in 1987)
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- US Administration on Aging
- Health Care Financing Administration